Political parties programme
EISA provides technical support to political parties in the SADC region between elections. This is informed by the principle that sustainable democracy is dependent upon, inter alia, well-functioning political parties. EISA addresses the following key or thematic areas in political parties in order for them to achieve efficacy in the region and beyond: gender representation in political parties; internal organisational arrangements; management and functioning of parties; leadership qualities within political parties; conflict and conflict management; public outreach programmes and inter-party relations.
EISA aims to promote party development at strategic, organisational and structural levels by developing leadership through youth and women empowerment and by equipping party leaders with the skills to represent the interests of their constituents in an effective and democratic manner. This is achieved through
- extensive research and publications in the thematic areas,
- country dialogue workshops,
- training and international conferences.
Workshop, conference and research reports produced under this programme are available for download from the web site.
Projects and programme activities
- Supporting Political Parties’ Internal Organisation & Capacity in the SADC Region
- Promoting Intra Party Democracy in Lesotho
- Strengthening political parties for sustainable democracy in the SADC region
- Political parties coalition building project
- Political party coalitions in Africa project
- Strengthening political parties in SADC project
- Political Party Strengthening in Sudan