Swaziland is an absolute monarchy
House of Assembly & rural local: Primary: 24 Aug 2013; Secondary: 20 Sep 2013
Urban local: 2017
2013 House of Assembly election
Elections 2013 timetable
- Voter registration: 13th May - 30 Jun (registered 415 012 voters out of an estimated eligible electorate of 600 000; 69.2%)
- Nominations: 3 or 4 Aug
- Primary Election: 24 Aug
- Campaigning: 25 Aug - 19 Sep
- Secondary Election: 20 Sep
Observer mission reports
- African Union Report: http://pa.au.int/en/sites/default/files/AUEOM%20Report%20Swaziland.pdf [PDF] (accessed 17 Oct 2014).
- SADC Electoral Observer Mission to the national elections of the Kingdom of Swaziland, held on 20 September 2013: Preliminary statement
- Commonwealth Report: http://thecommonwealth.org/sites/default/files/project/documents/Commonwealth_Observer_Mission_to_Swaziland_National_Elections_2013_Final_Report.pdf [PDF] (accessed 17 Oct 2014).
2008 House of Assembly election
THWALA, RD, 2005 "The Electoral Process in Swaziland", IN Improving the Quality of Election Management, A conference of Commonwealth Chief Election Officers, Commonwealth Secretariat & the Election Commission of India, New Delhi, 24-26 February, [www] http://www.thecommonwealth.org/shared_asp_files/uploadedfiles/1AC83E84-1D6A-4B30 -B3C7-DBF447767F43_ELECTORALPROCESSINSWAZILAND.pdf [PDF, opens new window] (accessed 23 Feb 2010).