Zimbabwe: Election archive
2013 Harmonised Elections
National Assembly results
Election observer mission statements
Parties contesting the election
National Assembly constituency candidates: "National Assembly Election 31st July, 2013: Nomination Court Results", Government Gazette Vol XCI No 54, 5 Jul 2013, [www] http://www.kubatana.net/docs/elec/gazette_candidates_130705.pdf [PDF document, opens new window] (accessed 16 Jul 2013).
Nomination day 28 June for presidential, parliamentary and local authorities (includes submission of party lists of Senate candidates).
Polling day 31 July.
Run-off Presidential election, if is needed, 11 September.
Election of Senator Chiefs 2 August, by provincial assemblies of chiefs.
2013 Constitutional referendum
Election observer mission statements:
- Canadian Embassy: Statement
- Southern African Development Community: Statement
- SADC Parliamentary Forum: Interim statement
- Zimbabwe Election Support Network: Preliminary Statement
- Malawi Electoral Support Network: Interim statement
2008 Presidential, House of Assembly & Senate Elections
Statement of support for national & international election observation in Zimbabwe
Carter Center & EISA, 23 May 2008.
- Sustained Engagement Towards Electoral Reform: Conference Recommendations [PDF document]
- Observer Mission Report [PDF document]
- Post-Harmonised Election Statement
- Post-Harmonised Election Interim Statement
- Main electoral trends 1980-2008
- 2008 Election and its aftermath
- Election observer missions and statements
- Parallel vote tabulations
- Presidential election results - second round
- Presidential election results - first round
- House of Assembly results
- House of Assembly results by province
- Senate election results
- Women elected in the 2008 elections
- ZESN: Total Number of Local Authority Seats per Province [PDF document]
- Presidential candidates
- Parliamentary candidates by party
- Women candidates in the elections
- Voter registration
- Election timetable
CHIRORO, B 2005 Apathy, Fatigue, or Boycott? An Analysis of the 2005 Zimbabwe Senate Elections [PDF document], EISA Occassional Paper No 38.
ZIMBABWE ELECTORAL SUPPORT NETWORK 2005, Preliminary statement for the Senate elections and Gutu North Parliamentary by-election [PDF document]
House of Assembly 2005
CHIRORO, B 2005, ABSTRACT: Persistent Inequalities: Women and Electoral Politics in the Zimbabwe Elections in 2005.
KAGWAJA, P 2005 When the Locusts Ate: Zimbabwe's March 2005 Elections [PDF document], EISA Occassional Paper No 32.
MBAYA, S 2005, Securing the female electorate extract from "Zimbabwe's Land Politics and the 2005 Elections" IN Journal of African Elections 4(2).
OLALEYE, W 2005 Negotiating the Impasse: Challenges and Prospects for Democratisation in Zimbabwe [PDF document], EISA Research Report No 9.
Zimbabwe Election Updates 2005
O'DONOVAN, M 2003 Zimbabwe's Democracy: quantifying the impact of electoral maladministration [PDF document], EISA Democracy seminar series papers No 5.
Pre-election analysis and debate
2000 House of Assembly
VENTER, D 2005, Zimbabwe before and after the June 2000 elections
POTTIE, D 2000 Constitutional Referendum in Zimbabwe IN EISA Zimbabwe Election Update 2000, 1, 5 June, 7-8.