Zimbabwe: Election archive
2018 Harmonised Elections
ZESN's SBO presidential results projections
Citizen EOM statements & reports
International EOM statements & reports
National Assembly nominations
Zimbabwe Electoral Support Network:
Sample-based presidential results projections
SourceZIMBABWE ELECTORAL SUPPORT NETWORK 2018 "ZESN’s Presidential Results Projection from Sample-Based Observation", 3 Aug, 3, [www] http://www.zesn.org.zw/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/ZESN%E2%80%99s-Presidential-Results-Projection-from-Sample-Based-Observation.pdf (accessed 7 Aug 2018).
Facts and analysis
Free for All but Not Free for 52% : A Feminist Analysis of Zimbabwe's 30 July 2018 Harmonized Election, AfricaKontact, 2018 (accessed 7 Mar 2019)
Rethinking women's political participation in Zimbabwe's elections, Antonetta Hamandishe, Africa Portal, 27 Jul 2018 (accessed 24 Jul 2018)
Tensions Rise Ahead of Zimbabwe’s Elections, Piers Pigou, International Crisis Group, 27 Jul 2018 (accessed 24 Jul 2018)
Postal Voting, Election Watch 31/2018, 16 July 2018
What does the future hold under new leadership?, Ronak Gopaldas, SAIIA, July 2018
Factsheet [The Role of Observers], Nelson Banya & Cris Chinaka, ZimFact, 27 Jun 2018
2013 Harmonised Elections
National Assembly results
Election observer mission statements
Parties contesting the election
National Assembly constituency candidates: "National Assembly Election 31st July, 2013: Nomination Court Results", Government Gazette Vol XCI No 54, 5 Jul 2013, [www] http://www.kubatana.net/docs/elec/gazette_candidates_130705.pdf [PDF document, opens new window] (accessed 16 Jul 2013).
Nomination day 28 June for presidential, parliamentary and local authorities (includes submission of party lists of Senate candidates).
Polling day 31 July.
Run-off Presidential election, if is needed, 11 September.
Election of Senator Chiefs 2 August, by provincial assemblies of chiefs.
2013 Constitutional referendum
Election observer mission statements:
- Canadian Embassy: Statement
- Southern African Development Community: Statement
- SADC Parliamentary Forum: Interim statement
- Zimbabwe Election Support Network: Preliminary Statement
- Malawi Electoral Support Network: Interim statement
2008 Presidential, House of Assembly & Senate Elections
Statement of support for national & international election observation in Zimbabwe
Carter Center & EISA, 23 May 2008.
- Sustained Engagement Towards Electoral Reform: Conference Recommendations [PDF document]
- Observer Mission Report [PDF document]
- Post-Harmonised Election Statement
- Post-Harmonised Election Interim Statement
- Main electoral trends 1980-2008
- 2008 Election and its aftermath
- Election observer missions and statements
- Parallel vote tabulations
- Presidential election results - second round
- Presidential election results - first round
- House of Assembly results
- House of Assembly results by province
- Senate election results
- Women elected in the 2008 elections
- ZESN: Total Number of Local Authority Seats per Province [PDF document]
- Presidential candidates
- Parliamentary candidates by party
- Women candidates in the elections
- Voter registration
- Election timetable
CHIRORO, B 2005 Apathy, Fatigue, or Boycott? An Analysis of the 2005 Zimbabwe Senate Elections [PDF document], EISA Occassional Paper No 38.
ZIMBABWE ELECTORAL SUPPORT NETWORK 2005, Preliminary statement for the Senate elections and Gutu North Parliamentary by-election [PDF document]
House of Assembly 2005
CHIRORO, B 2005, ABSTRACT: Persistent Inequalities: Women and Electoral Politics in the Zimbabwe Elections in 2005.
KAGWAJA, P 2005 When the Locusts Ate: Zimbabwe's March 2005 Elections [PDF document], EISA Occassional Paper No 32.
MBAYA, S 2005, Securing the female electorate extract from "Zimbabwe's Land Politics and the 2005 Elections" IN Journal of African Elections 4(2).
OLALEYE, W 2005 Negotiating the Impasse: Challenges and Prospects for Democratisation in Zimbabwe [PDF document], EISA Research Report No 9.
Zimbabwe Election Updates 2005
O'DONOVAN, M 2003 Zimbabwe's Democracy: quantifying the impact of electoral maladministration [PDF document], EISA Democracy seminar series papers No 5.
Pre-election analysis and debate
2000 House of Assembly
VENTER, D 2005, Zimbabwe before and after the June 2000 elections
POTTIE, D 2000 Constitutional Referendum in Zimbabwe IN EISA Zimbabwe Election Update 2000, 1, 5 June, 7-8.